Sunday 17 January 2016

Question: Non-root ways to do a nandroid backup?



Hi Everyone

I used to be a frequent XDA user back when I had a Motorola X2, and I rooted and flashed things to that until I broke it pretty much haha. I had an iphone for the last two years, but now I'm considering getting a Samsung S6 Edge.

I do have a question though. I want to stay unrooted (to use Android Pay and Samsung Pay) but I also miss the complete backup that my X2 used to do with a custom recovery. Can I unlock the bootloader (without root) to install a custom recovery, which wont mess with the system partition and allow me to use android pay? Or is there a better, complete backup solution for an unrooted S6 Edge ?

And I'm a software engineer, so don't worry about being too technical :D I'm very comfortable in the command console LOL.

I found conflicting info online about how to do this, so I thought I'd go straight to the source of all things new and cool for android: XDA !! Thanks in advance for the information.

Download from this link

No comments:

Post a Comment